lemon curd tart
Write a review
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup fresh lemon juices
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 123 Tart Dough
- 2 ounces sugar
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 6 ounces flour, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla or extract of your choice
- optional: 1 teaspoon citrus zest, scrapings from 1/2 a vanilla bean, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, etc.
- 1. In the top of a double broiler, beat eggs and sugar.
- 2. Stir in lemon juice and lemon peel.
- 3. Cook over simmering water for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° F. If you’re making one large tart, using a pan with a removable bottom would be ideal.
- 2. With a mixer, cream together sugar, butter and salt.
- 3. Add the egg and mix
- 4. Add in flour at the lowest speed and mix another minute or two more.
- 5. Knead lightly by hand against the sides of the bowl until a smooth dough forms. You can roll out the dough right away, or flatten into a disc, wrap with plastic, and refrigerate 2 hours.
- 6. When ready to roll, dust the counter and surface of the dough lightly with powdered sugar. Roll the dough to 1/4” thickness
- 7. Bake at 350 F degrees for 15 minutes